Iran warns Moscow nuclear talks could stall
Tehran: An Iranian negotiator warns this month`s talks in Moscow over Iran`s nuclear programme could stall because of faulty preparation.
Ali Bagheri said advance talks were agreed on to clarify the agenda for the Moscow round, set for June 18-19.
The official IRNA news agency says Bagheri made the complaint in a letter to senior EU official Helga Schmid today.
Concerned that Iran might be aiming toward nuclear weapons, the West wants to stop Iran`s 20 percent uranium enrichment programme. Iran insists its nuclear programme is peaceful.
In exchange for discussing enrichment, Iran wants the West to ease sanctions.
Schmid has indicated there is no need for preliminary talks. The EU official said the six-power proposal at the Baghdad talks addresses "our key concerns on the 20 percent enrichment activities."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan