Iran warns of possible Syrian war`s spillover
Damascus: Iran has warned that any war on Syria would have repercussions on the entire region.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, chairman of the Iranian Parliament National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, said here Saturday that his visit aimed to emphasise Tehran`s support for Syria and rejection of any war or aggression against the turmoil ridden country, Xinhua reported.
Heading a delegation of Iranian parliamentarians during this Syrian visit, Boroujerdi said any possible war on Syria would not stay restricted to inside Syria but spread out of the Syrian borders.
The delegation is set to meet with Syrian President Bashar al- Assad Sunday and will wrap up its visit with a press conference in the evening, source said.
The visit came hours after the departure from Syria of the UN chemical investigation team after days of probing the alleged use of chemical weapons in the country.
The visit also came amid a possible US military intervention, after Washington accused the Syrian administration of gassing its own people in a nerve agent attack that allegedly took place last week in the countryside of Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report