`Iran will respond to any oil, military threats`
Tehran: Iran has its "own threats" to respond
to any military attack or sanctions against its oil exports,
supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Friday.
"In response to threats of oil embargo and war, we have
our own threats which will be implemented at the right time,
if necessary," he said in a televised speech as he led
traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.
His comments came amid heightened speculation that Israel
-- with or without US help -- was contemplating air strikes
against Iranian nuclear facilities. The West has also ramped
up sanctions aimed at severely curbing Iran`s vital oil
Khamenei, who spoke as part of events marking the
anniversary of his country`s 1979 Islamic revolution, focused
on warnings by arch-foe the United States that it was mulling
"all options" -- including war -- to undercut Iran`s nuclear
"They have threatened that all `options are on the
table`... Threats of war are detrimental to the United States,
and carrying out a war would be 10 times more detrimental for
that country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'