`Iran will respond to any oil, military threats`
Tehran: Iran has its "own threats" to respond
to any military attack or sanctions against its oil exports,
supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Friday.
"In response to threats of oil embargo and war, we have
our own threats which will be implemented at the right time,
if necessary," he said in a televised speech as he led
traditional Friday prayers in Tehran.
His comments came amid heightened speculation that Israel
-- with or without US help -- was contemplating air strikes
against Iranian nuclear facilities. The West has also ramped
up sanctions aimed at severely curbing Iran`s vital oil
Khamenei, who spoke as part of events marking the
anniversary of his country`s 1979 Islamic revolution, focused
on warnings by arch-foe the United States that it was mulling
"all options" -- including war -- to undercut Iran`s nuclear
"They have threatened that all `options are on the
table`... Threats of war are detrimental to the United States,
and carrying out a war would be 10 times more detrimental for
that country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!