Iran will strike Tel Aviv if attacked: Khamenei’s aide
Tehran: An aide to Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that if the Islamic republic is attacked, it will retaliate against the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv, official media reported on Sunday.
"If the enemy attacks Iran, our missiles will strike Tel Aviv," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei`s representative in the elite Revolutionary Guards, Mojhtaba Zolnoor, as saying late yesterday.
His comments came as Iranian air defence forces were set to carry out five days of manoeuvres involving simulated attacks on the country`s nuclear facilities.
The United States and its regional ally Israel have never ruled out a resort to military action to prevent Iran developing a nuclear weapon. Iran denies any such ambition.
Iran stages frequent war games and shows off new weapons in a bid to signal its readiness to counter any military action against its nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Feeling proud over Mother Teresa's canonisation: PM Modi
- Oil tanker operators again suspend supplies to Kashmir Valley
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report