Iran will strike Tel Aviv if attacked: Khamenei’s aide
Tehran: An aide to Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that if the Islamic republic is attacked, it will retaliate against the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv, official media reported on Sunday.
"If the enemy attacks Iran, our missiles will strike Tel Aviv," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei`s representative in the elite Revolutionary Guards, Mojhtaba Zolnoor, as saying late yesterday.
His comments came as Iranian air defence forces were set to carry out five days of manoeuvres involving simulated attacks on the country`s nuclear facilities.
The United States and its regional ally Israel have never ruled out a resort to military action to prevent Iran developing a nuclear weapon. Iran denies any such ambition.
Iran stages frequent war games and shows off new weapons in a bid to signal its readiness to counter any military action against its nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard to depose in Depp-divorce case on August 6
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata