Iran will strike Tel Aviv if attacked: Khamenei’s aide
Tehran: An aide to Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that if the Islamic republic is attacked, it will retaliate against the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv, official media reported on Sunday.
"If the enemy attacks Iran, our missiles will strike Tel Aviv," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei`s representative in the elite Revolutionary Guards, Mojhtaba Zolnoor, as saying late yesterday.
His comments came as Iranian air defence forces were set to carry out five days of manoeuvres involving simulated attacks on the country`s nuclear facilities.
The United States and its regional ally Israel have never ruled out a resort to military action to prevent Iran developing a nuclear weapon. Iran denies any such ambition.
Iran stages frequent war games and shows off new weapons in a bid to signal its readiness to counter any military action against its nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie