Iran will strike Tel Aviv if attacked: Khamenei’s aide
Tehran: An aide to Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said that if the Islamic republic is attacked, it will retaliate against the Israeli metropolis of Tel Aviv, official media reported on Sunday.
"If the enemy attacks Iran, our missiles will strike Tel Aviv," the official IRNA news agency quoted Khamenei`s representative in the elite Revolutionary Guards, Mojhtaba Zolnoor, as saying late yesterday.
His comments came as Iranian air defence forces were set to carry out five days of manoeuvres involving simulated attacks on the country`s nuclear facilities.
The United States and its regional ally Israel have never ruled out a resort to military action to prevent Iran developing a nuclear weapon. Iran denies any such ambition.
Iran stages frequent war games and shows off new weapons in a bid to signal its readiness to counter any military action against its nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside