Iran woman with stoning sentence shown on state TV
Tehran: Iranian state television has
broadcast footage of a purported statement by an Iranian woman
sentenced to death by stoning for adultery in which she calls
herself a "sinner".
The stoning sentence against the 43-year-old Sakineh
Mohammadi Ashtiani has been put on hold and is now being
reviewed by Iran`s Supreme Court. The case has raised an
international outcry, embarrassing Tehran.
The woman identified as Ashtiani said in the state TV
report shown Monday: "I am a sinner".
State TV also aired comments from Ashtiani`s son, her
lawyer and two Germans who were arrested allegedly while
trying to interview Ashtiani`s family. Her son and lawyer are
also in custody.
The faces of all the three Iranian`s were blurred in the
report, while the Germans` faces were shown clearly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman