Iran, world powers begin nuclear talks in Moscow
Moscow: In a new attempt to break deadlocked talks, Iran and six world powers on Monday began their latest two-day meeting in the Russian capital.
The six want Iran to curb nuclear enrichment, which can be used to make both reactor fuel and arm nuclear warheads. Iran says it has a right to enrich and denies Western accusations that it is doing so to be able to make such weapons.
Previous talks stalled as each side waited for the other to make the first move. Iran wants sanctions lifted or postponed, but the six powers rule that out until Iran complies with their demands.
On Sunday, a senior Iranian lawmaker urged Western countries to recognise the Islamic Republic`s "inalienable" nuclear rights.
Head of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran`s Majlis (Parliament), Alaeddin Boroujerdi, said the outcome of the talks depends on the negotiating sides` commitment to agreements and "the P5+1 countries should implement the agreements (reached) in Baghdad and Istanbul”.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!