Iran, world powers begin nuclear talks in Moscow
Moscow: In a new attempt to break deadlocked talks, Iran and six world powers on Monday began their latest two-day meeting in the Russian capital.
The six want Iran to curb nuclear enrichment, which can be used to make both reactor fuel and arm nuclear warheads. Iran says it has a right to enrich and denies Western accusations that it is doing so to be able to make such weapons.
Previous talks stalled as each side waited for the other to make the first move. Iran wants sanctions lifted or postponed, but the six powers rule that out until Iran complies with their demands.
On Sunday, a senior Iranian lawmaker urged Western countries to recognise the Islamic Republic`s "inalienable" nuclear rights.
Head of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran`s Majlis (Parliament), Alaeddin Boroujerdi, said the outcome of the talks depends on the negotiating sides` commitment to agreements and "the P5+1 countries should implement the agreements (reached) in Baghdad and Istanbul”.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened