Iran, world powers fail to make progress in nuclear talks
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: The fourth and final round of talks between Iran and the six world powers ended without making any progress.
The talks ended after failing to reach any conclusion to the decade-old dispute related to Iran`s nuclear programme.
The fifth round of talks were held between UN Security Council members - China, France, Russia, Britain and the US plus Germany – in Vienna.
Western countries want Iran to significantly scale back its nuclear programme to address their concerns.
Since Iranian President Hassan Rohani took office last year, Iran promised to provide greater transparency to address Western concern, hoping to resolve the issue through diplomatic channel.
Under the Geneva deal made in last November, Iran suspends some of its nuclear activities while Western states some relevant sanctions in return.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre