Iran, world powers fail to make progress in nuclear talks
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: The fourth and final round of talks between Iran and the six world powers ended without making any progress.
The talks ended after failing to reach any conclusion to the decade-old dispute related to Iran`s nuclear programme.
The fifth round of talks were held between UN Security Council members - China, France, Russia, Britain and the US plus Germany – in Vienna.
Western countries want Iran to significantly scale back its nuclear programme to address their concerns.
Since Iranian President Hassan Rohani took office last year, Iran promised to provide greater transparency to address Western concern, hoping to resolve the issue through diplomatic channel.
Under the Geneva deal made in last November, Iran suspends some of its nuclear activities while Western states some relevant sanctions in return.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren