Iran, world powers fail to make progress in nuclear talks
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: The fourth and final round of talks between Iran and the six world powers ended without making any progress.
The talks ended after failing to reach any conclusion to the decade-old dispute related to Iran`s nuclear programme.
The fifth round of talks were held between UN Security Council members - China, France, Russia, Britain and the US plus Germany – in Vienna.
Western countries want Iran to significantly scale back its nuclear programme to address their concerns.
Since Iranian President Hassan Rohani took office last year, Iran promised to provide greater transparency to address Western concern, hoping to resolve the issue through diplomatic channel.
Under the Geneva deal made in last November, Iran suspends some of its nuclear activities while Western states some relevant sanctions in return.
(With IANS Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!