Iranian aggression must be halted: Israeli leader
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Iran is destabilising the world and its aggression must be stopped.
At Israel`s Parliament on Wednesday, Netanyahu reiterated Israel`s claims that Iran was behind explosions this week that targeted Israeli diplomats in India and the former Soviet republic of Georgia.
Netanyahu said, "If this aggression isn`t halted, ultimately it will spread to many other countries."
The homemade "sticky" bombs discovered in a Bangkok house after an accidental blast were similar to devices used against Israeli embassy targets in India and Georgia, Israel`s ambassador said on Wednesday, building on his country`s claims the incidents are part of a covert terror campaign by Iran.
Iran`s Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast called the allegations "baseless”, saying Israel was trying to damage its relations with Thailand and fuel "conspiracy" theories.
Thailand`s government was struggling to piece together what a trio of Iranian men were plotting when a cache of explosives detonated by mistake in their home in Bangkok`s busy Sukhumvit Road area a day earlier. Bomb disposal teams searched the Iranians` house again on Wednesday looking for more evidence, while security forces were searching for an Iranian woman they said had originally rented it.
Two of the men were detained, and Thai immigration police chief Lt Gen Wiboon Bangthamai said a third suspect who fled the destroyed house escaped to Malaysia after boarding a flight bound for Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday night. He identified the man as Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, but had no other details.
Israel has accused Iran of waging a campaign of state terror and has threatened military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran has blamed the Jewish state for the recent killings of Iranian atomic scientists and has denied responsibility for all three plots this week.
On Monday in New Delhi, an explosion tore through an Israeli diplomatic vehicle, wounding the driver and a diplomat`s wife, according to Indian officials. On the same day in the former Soviet republic of Georgia, authorities say attackers planted an explosive device on the car of a driver for the Israeli embassy, but it was discovered and defused before it went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth