Iranian cleric wants creation of `Greater Iran`
Tehran (Iran): A radical cleric is pushing for the creation of a "Greater Iran" that would rule over the entire Middle East and Central Asia.
Ayatollah Mohammad Bagher Kharrazi says advocating creation of what he calls an Islamic United States is a central aim of the political party he leads called Hezbollah, or Party of God.
Kharrazi is not particularly influential in Iran`s clerical hierarchy and does not represent the Iranian government. But his comments reveal the thinking of a growing number of hard-liners in Iran, many of whom have become more radical during the postelection political crisis and the international standoff over the country`s nuclear program.
Kharrazi`s comments were published Saturday in his newspaper, Hezbollah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?