Iranian commander warns Israel
Tehran: A deputy chief of staff of Iranian Armed Forces warned Israel against any military aggression on the Islamic republic, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Saturday.
Israel lacks the courage and ability to harm Iran and in case it launches any attack on Iran, it will lead to an immediate end of Israel`s existence, Major General Mostafa Izadi told Fars on Saturday.
The recent nuclear talks held in Moscow between Iran and the P5+ 1 - the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council and Germany - ended last Tuesday without a deal.
Iran is under numerous Western pressures to halt its controversial nuclear program which the Islamic republic insists on its "peaceful" and "civilian" nature.
Western countries, including the United States and Israel, suspect the Iranian nuclear activities and claim that the Islamic republic is pushing its nuclear program for weapon-grade activities. The United States and Israel have not ruled out the possibility to attack Iran`s nuclear facilities.
"The Islamic Revolution enjoys high capability, and if the Zionist regime wants to take an action against us, it will cause its imminent end," Izadi was quoted as saying.
In addition to military capabilities, the Islamic republic enjoys many other privileges which outrun the abilities and capabilities of Israel, said the commander.
"For instance, many islands that Iran has in the Persian Gulf have provided us with capabilities to make Iran the superior military force in the region," said Izadi according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav
- RBI slaps penalty on UCO Bank, Allahabad Bank, Bank of India
- No relief! Court dismisses bail plea of AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan; sent to 14-day judicial custody
- SBI launches debit card-less instant money transfer facility