Iranian in Saudi envoy murder plot pleads not guilty
New York: A man charged in a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States has pleaded not guilty in court in New York City.
A five-count indictment against Manssor Arbabsiar (ahr-BAHB`-see-ahr) was returned last week in US District Court in Manhattan.
The charges are the same as those contained in an Oct. 11 criminal complaint.
Authorities say the 56-year-old US citizen with an Iranian passport has admitted his role in a $1.5 million plot to kill the ambassador at a restaurant by setting off explosives.
President Barack Obama`s administration has accused agents of the Iranian government of being involved in the plot.
The press attache at Iran`s mission to the United Nations has called the accusation "baseless."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price