Iranian isolation will continue: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama says that as long as Iran continues down a dangerous path with its nuclear program, the United States will continue to find ways to isolate and increase the pressure on Tehran.
Obama issued the statement after his administration announced a new set of sanctions against Iran. The actions were coordinated with Britain and Canada and follow a new report from a United Nations watchdog suggesting Iranian work toward the development of atomic weapons.
Obama says Iran`s actions jeopardise international peace and stability. Still, he says the US is still prepared to start a new chapter with Iran if it fulfils its international obligations. But if it continues to defy its responsibilities, he says Iran faces even more pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP