Iranian isolation will continue: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama says that as long as Iran continues down a dangerous path with its nuclear program, the United States will continue to find ways to isolate and increase the pressure on Tehran.
Obama issued the statement after his administration announced a new set of sanctions against Iran. The actions were coordinated with Britain and Canada and follow a new report from a United Nations watchdog suggesting Iranian work toward the development of atomic weapons.
Obama says Iran`s actions jeopardise international peace and stability. Still, he says the US is still prepared to start a new chapter with Iran if it fulfils its international obligations. But if it continues to defy its responsibilities, he says Iran faces even more pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit