Iranian isolation will continue: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama says that as long as Iran continues down a dangerous path with its nuclear program, the United States will continue to find ways to isolate and increase the pressure on Tehran.
Obama issued the statement after his administration announced a new set of sanctions against Iran. The actions were coordinated with Britain and Canada and follow a new report from a United Nations watchdog suggesting Iranian work toward the development of atomic weapons.
Obama says Iran`s actions jeopardise international peace and stability. Still, he says the US is still prepared to start a new chapter with Iran if it fulfils its international obligations. But if it continues to defy its responsibilities, he says Iran faces even more pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list