Iranian journalist killed in Syria
Tehran: A correspondent of Iran`s Press TV network was killed and another journalist injured in an attack Wednesday in the Syrian capital Damascus.
Maya Naser, correspondent of the English-language network died, and Damascus bureau chief Hosein Mortada, a Lebanese national, came under attack while reporting
Naser was shot and killed by a sniper, News Agencies reported.
The two were covering twin blasts in Damascus.
Born July 30, 1979 in Syria, Naser studied political science at Kaplan University, New York. He was fluent in Arabic and English and had worked in many countries including the US, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Bahrain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened