Iranian journalist killed in Syria
Tehran: A correspondent of Iran`s Press TV network was killed and another journalist injured in an attack Wednesday in the Syrian capital Damascus.
Maya Naser, correspondent of the English-language network died, and Damascus bureau chief Hosein Mortada, a Lebanese national, came under attack while reporting
Naser was shot and killed by a sniper, News Agencies reported.
The two were covering twin blasts in Damascus.
Born July 30, 1979 in Syria, Naser studied political science at Kaplan University, New York. He was fluent in Arabic and English and had worked in many countries including the US, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Bahrain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick