Iranian lawmakers to impeach economy minister
Tehran: Iranian lawmakers have signed a motion to impeach the country`s Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini for swindling banks of nearly $2.6 billion, the official media reported.
Hosseini has allegedly cheated several Iranian banks in over two years through the Amir Mansour Aria company. It is said to be one of the biggest frauds in the country.
The motion was expected to be submitted to the Majlis (parliament) Tuesday. So far, 25 lawmakers have signed the motion, Xinhua reported quoting the Mehr news agency.
As per Iran`s constitution, he will have to appear in parliament to answer lawmakers` questions within 10 days after the Majlis Presiding Board announces receipt of the motion.
Lawmakers, who are seeking Hosseini`s removal, have blamed him for his incompetence in the management of the country`s economic and banking affairs, MP Nader Qazipour said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!