Iranian lawmakers to impeach economy minister
Tehran: Iranian lawmakers have signed a motion to impeach the country`s Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini for swindling banks of nearly $2.6 billion, the official media reported.
Hosseini has allegedly cheated several Iranian banks in over two years through the Amir Mansour Aria company. It is said to be one of the biggest frauds in the country.
The motion was expected to be submitted to the Majlis (parliament) Tuesday. So far, 25 lawmakers have signed the motion, Xinhua reported quoting the Mehr news agency.
As per Iran`s constitution, he will have to appear in parliament to answer lawmakers` questions within 10 days after the Majlis Presiding Board announces receipt of the motion.
Lawmakers, who are seeking Hosseini`s removal, have blamed him for his incompetence in the management of the country`s economic and banking affairs, MP Nader Qazipour said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town