Iranian Navy saves Singaporean ship from pirates
Tehran: The Iranian Navy has saved a Singaporean merchant ship from pirates while it was crossing the Bab-el-Mandeb strait in the Red Sea, the IRNA news agency reported on Saturday.
The Singaporean cargo vessel was attacked by a group of pirates in the Red Sea. But due to vigilance and timely reaction of the Iranian naval forces, the pirates fled the scene, the navy said in a statement.
The Iranian Navy has saved many foreign ships from pirates this year. It has, so far this year, foiled 25 piracy cases, including an attack on a US ship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley