Iranian Navy saves Singaporean ship from pirates
Tehran: The Iranian Navy has saved a Singaporean merchant ship from pirates while it was crossing the Bab-el-Mandeb strait in the Red Sea, the IRNA news agency reported on Saturday.
The Singaporean cargo vessel was attacked by a group of pirates in the Red Sea. But due to vigilance and timely reaction of the Iranian naval forces, the pirates fled the scene, the navy said in a statement.
The Iranian Navy has saved many foreign ships from pirates this year. It has, so far this year, foiled 25 piracy cases, including an attack on a US ship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie