Iranian Navy to expand presence to South Pole
Tehran: The Iranian navy is planning to extend its presence in international waters near the South Pole, Navy chief Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari said.
"We have the capability to hoist Iran`s flags in different regions from the North Pole to the South Pole and we are preparing plans for presence near the South Pole," Sayyari was quoted as saying by News agencies.
Iran has the right to be present in international waters, he said.
Tehran, however, "will never enter the maritime borders of other states and will not allow anybody to enter even a centimetre into our territorial waters", he said.
The navy has also announced plans to expand its international presence in the Atlantic Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base - Part II
- DNA: Today in History | July 27, 2016
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today