Iranian Navy to expand presence to South Pole
Tehran: The Iranian navy is planning to extend its presence in international waters near the South Pole, Navy chief Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari said.
"We have the capability to hoist Iran`s flags in different regions from the North Pole to the South Pole and we are preparing plans for presence near the South Pole," Sayyari was quoted as saying by News agencies.
Iran has the right to be present in international waters, he said.
Tehran, however, "will never enter the maritime borders of other states and will not allow anybody to enter even a centimetre into our territorial waters", he said.
The navy has also announced plans to expand its international presence in the Atlantic Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state