Iranian Navy to expand presence to South Pole
Tehran: The Iranian navy is planning to extend its presence in international waters near the South Pole, Navy chief Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari said.
"We have the capability to hoist Iran`s flags in different regions from the North Pole to the South Pole and we are preparing plans for presence near the South Pole," Sayyari was quoted as saying by News agencies.
Iran has the right to be present in international waters, he said.
Tehran, however, "will never enter the maritime borders of other states and will not allow anybody to enter even a centimetre into our territorial waters", he said.
The navy has also announced plans to expand its international presence in the Atlantic Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH