Iranian Navy`s 14th fleet heads for Gulf of Aden
Tehran: Iran has sent its fourteenth
fleet of warships to the Gulf of Aden to defend the Iranian
vessels passing through the waterway from the regular attacks
by pirates there.
Deputy commander of Iran`s Navy for coordination,
Kamran Farhang Javid, said that the navy`s thirteenth fleet of
warships returned from Gulf of Aden on Saturday.
He said that Islamic Republic of Iran`s 13th fleet of
warships escorted Iran`s oil tankers and merchant vessels in
Persian Gulf, Sea of Oman and the Gulf of Aden.
`The 13th fleet of Iranian navy displayed Iran`s
strength by successfully passing through Suez Canal and
entering the Mediterranean Sea for the first time in 30
years,` Farhang Javid added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!