Iranian Navy`s 14th fleet heads for Gulf of Aden
Tehran: Iran has sent its fourteenth
fleet of warships to the Gulf of Aden to defend the Iranian
vessels passing through the waterway from the regular attacks
by pirates there.
Deputy commander of Iran`s Navy for coordination,
Kamran Farhang Javid, said that the navy`s thirteenth fleet of
warships returned from Gulf of Aden on Saturday.
He said that Islamic Republic of Iran`s 13th fleet of
warships escorted Iran`s oil tankers and merchant vessels in
Persian Gulf, Sea of Oman and the Gulf of Aden.
`The 13th fleet of Iranian navy displayed Iran`s
strength by successfully passing through Suez Canal and
entering the Mediterranean Sea for the first time in 30
years,` Farhang Javid added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information