Iranian Prez OKs sites for new enrichment plants: Aide
Tehran: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has approved sites for new uranium enrichment plants in Iran, a close aide of the hardliner told the ILNA news agency on Monday.
"The President has approved the locations of the new nuclear sites," Ahmadinejad`s senior adviser Mojtaba Samareh Hashemi said.
"The construction process at these sites will start with his order."
In November 2009, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran would build 10 new uranium enrichment plants after Tehran was censured by the UN nuclear watchdog for constructing its second such facility near the Shiite shrine city of Qom.
Iran currently enriches uranium at a plant in the central city of Natanz in defiance of repeated UN Security Council ultimatums to suspend the sensitive process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea