Iranian ship runs aground in Yangtze, 37 crew members rescued
Beijing: All 37 people including a two-year-old boy aboard an Iranian-registered cargo ship that ran aground in heavy weather in China`s Yangtze river had been rescued, officials said on Sunday.
China`s Transport Ministry dispatched two helicopters to the site of the accident and airlifted the multi-national crew of Iranians, Bangladeshis and Malaysians off the distressed ship, "Zoorik".
One crew member was hospitalised with a heart condition, Xinhua news agency reported.
The ship was on the brink of capsizing since there were strong winds and waves in the area, an official was quoted as saying by the news agency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India