Iranian suspect to be extradited to Thailand
Bangkok: Thailand on Thursday said that an Iranian
national suspected to be involved in the botched bomb plot
here will be extradited from Malaysia.
Masoud Sedaghat Zadeh, a suspect in Tuesday`s triple
bomb explosions was central Bangkok was arrested yesterday
by Malaysian authorities in Kuala Lumpur.
"The court approved his arrest warrant so the National
Police Office will refer the case to the Attorney General`s
Office to coordinate for his extradition," police
chief Phrewphan Dhamapong said. "We will expedite the
Malaysian police chief Ismail Omar said the Iranian
was arrested under provisions of the Immigration Act of
Malaysia following information provided by Thai authorities.
He had fled Thailand and was attempting to catch a
plane to Iran. The arrest of Zadeh at Kuala Lumpur`s airport
showed Malaysia was "very serious and committed" to addressing
the threat of terrorism, its Home Minister Hishammuddin
Hussein said in Kuala Lumpur.
"The authorities of this country will never allow
Malaysia to become a location, base, or transit point for
terrorists or individuals who are wanted by any other
country," he said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Thailand Foreign minister Surapong
Tovichachaikul said Thai police were already working with
Malaysian authorities for the extradition of the suspect.
Bangkok Criminal Court yesterday approved warrants
for the arrest of four Iranians in connection with the
Saeid Moradi, 28, was severely injured, losing both
legs, and is now being treated at Chulalongkorn Hospital.
Mohummad Hazaei, 42, was detained at the airport
here on Tuesday night while attempting to board a plane to
The fourth suspect, Rohani Leila, is believed to
have rented the house where the first explosion occurred.
She was reported to have already returned to Tehran.
Asked whether Thailand would be stricter in
issuing visas to foreigners, r Surapong said Iranians would
have to apply for a visa from the Thai embassy in Tehran.
He said the Iranian suspects applied for their visas
through a tour company. He had ordered officials to compile a
list of tour companies and to be stricter in screening visa
He also said four more countries - Italy, Norway,
Israel and Taiwan - had issued a travel warning to their
citizens to be careful in visiting public places in Thailand,
in addition to 10 countries which had done so earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey