Iranian warships reach Sudan
Khartoum: Two Iranian warships have arrived in Sudan carrying a message of support and friendship, days after Sudan accused Israel of an air strike on an arms factory in Khartoum.
The vessels docked in Port of Sudan on the Red Sea Monday and are expected to stay there until Thursday.
“The visit of these ships to Port Sudan and their presence in regional waters exemplifies serious support of political and diplomatic ties between the two countries,? Sudanese army spokesperson Savarmi Khaled Saad said.
The official made no connection between the visit of the Iranian task force and the alleged Israeli air raid on the Yarmouk arms factory in the south of Khartoum last week, which killed at least two people.
Unconfirmed media reports over the weekend suggested that the plant produced weapons for Iran, Syria, and radical Islamist groups Hamas and Hezbollah. The claim was dismissed categorically by Sudanese authorities Monday.
Israel also suspects Sudan of smuggling weapons to Gaza strip, which has been under control of Hamas since 2007, through Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS