‘Iranian woman killed US contractor in Afghanistan’
Kabul: Officials in Afghanistan said the policewoman who killed a US contractor in Kabul is an Iranian who came to the war-torn country a decade back along with her husband and managed to secure a fake ID.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqi said on Tuesday the policewoman had displayed "unstable behaviour" but no militants links have been established as yet.
On Monday, the policewoman identified as Sgt Nargas shot 49-year-old Joseph Griffin, of Mansfield, Georgia, in what was the first such shooting by a woman in a spate of insider attacks by Afghans against their foreign allies.
(With Agency inputs)
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy