‘Iranian woman killed US contractor in Afghanistan’
Kabul: Officials in Afghanistan said the policewoman who killed a US contractor in Kabul is an Iranian who came to the war-torn country a decade back along with her husband and managed to secure a fake ID.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqi said on Tuesday the policewoman had displayed "unstable behaviour" but no militants links have been established as yet.
On Monday, the policewoman identified as Sgt Nargas shot 49-year-old Joseph Griffin, of Mansfield, Georgia, in what was the first such shooting by a woman in a spate of insider attacks by Afghans against their foreign allies.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred