Iranians travelling to Israel face 5 years in jail
Tehran: Iranians travelling to Israel could go to prison for up to five years instead of only three months, after Iran’s Parliament revised an existing ban for such trips.
The measure reflects Tehran’s security concerns over archenemy Israel. Iran claims to have dismantled several purported Israeli spy rings in recent years and arrested Iranians with alleged links to Mossad.
Iranian state TV on Monday reported that Parliament passed a new amendment, expanding the current prison term for travel to Israel to between two and five years.
Under a 1972 ban imposed by US-backed Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, offenders faced possible imprisonment of up to three months.
At the time, the law was designed to mostly avert travel to communist countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog