Iran’s 1st nuclear power plant set for launch on Aug 21
Moscow: Russia will begin to load fuel into the reactor at Iran’s Bushehr nuclear power station on August 21, a spokesman for Russia’s state atomic corporation said on Friday.
The spokesman said that loading the reactor with fuel would be a key step towards starting up the reactor at the Islamic Republic’s first nuclear power plant, though the reactor would not be considered operational from that date.
“The fuel will be loaded on August 21,” Rosatom spokesmen Sergei Novikov said by telephone. “This is the start of the physical launch (of the reactor).”
ITAR-TASS news agency reported earlier that the reactor would be started up on August 21, citing a statement posted on the website operated by Russia’s state nuclear corporation.
The statement was soon withdrawn from the site and no correction was immediately issued.
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on March 18 that Russia planned to start up the reactor at the Bushehr plant in the summer of 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read