Iran`s $ 524bn budget to boost industries, curb inflation
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad submitted to Majlis (Parliament) a
5,390-trillion-rial (about USD 524 billion) budget bill for the next Iranian calendar year that is to start on March 21.
Ahmadinejad told Majlis on Sunday that his government is
aiming to reduce Iran`s reliance on oil income, and push ahead
with a major subsidy phase-out. Moreover, he said one of the
characteristics of the budget is to overcome inflation,
poverty and unemployment.
The president briefed the lawmakers on specific
characteristics of the budget bill, saying the next year`s
budget allocated over 475 trillion rials to development
Ahmadinejad urged lawmakers to swiftly approve the
package of measures, so he can continue what he refers to as
his drive to reduce social inequality.
The budget bill for the new Iranian calendar year
encompasses measures that give Ahmadinejad the mandate to
promote his major economic plans.
The budget will mainly depend on oil and gas exports
which constitute most of the government revenue as of previous
The draft budget for the next Iranian year, which begins
on March 21, was around USD 172 billion, he said. In addition
to that, the budget for state-affiliated companies was USD 352
billion. Last year the total budget amounted to USD 368
"One of the characteristics of the budget is to narrow
the gap between social classes," he said in a speech broadcast
live on television.
Ahmadinejad said the new budget was "transparent,
integrated and simple," adding that the government did not
expect the parliament to alter the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'