Iran`s Ahmadinejad calls sanctions `ridiculous`
Tehran: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the West`s sanctions on Iran`s oil sector are "ridiculous."
Ahmadinejad told a group of oil officials that only "politically retarded" governments would use badly needed oil as a tool of "political warfare" in opposition to Iran`s nuclear programme. His speech was broadcast on state TV on Tuesday.
Ahmadinejad`s remarks came after Congress pressed ahead late yesterday with a new package of sanctions on Iran, expanding financial penalties and targeting Tehran`s energy and shipping sectors in the hope that economic pressure will undercut the country`s suspected nuclear weapons program.
Iran denies it seeks atomic weapons.
Iran relies on oil for some 80 per cent of its foreign revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users