Iran`s Ahmadinejad calls sanctions `ridiculous`
Tehran: President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the West`s sanctions on Iran`s oil sector are "ridiculous."
Ahmadinejad told a group of oil officials that only "politically retarded" governments would use badly needed oil as a tool of "political warfare" in opposition to Iran`s nuclear programme. His speech was broadcast on state TV on Tuesday.
Ahmadinejad`s remarks came after Congress pressed ahead late yesterday with a new package of sanctions on Iran, expanding financial penalties and targeting Tehran`s energy and shipping sectors in the hope that economic pressure will undercut the country`s suspected nuclear weapons program.
Iran denies it seeks atomic weapons.
Iran relies on oil for some 80 per cent of its foreign revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India