Iran`s Ahmadinejad to set up university: Report
Tehran: An Iranian news website says outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has obtained clearance to establish a technology university in Tehran after he leaves office next week.
It`s the first hint of what Ahmadinejad will do after he steps down on August 4, when president-elect Hasan Rouhani is to be sworn in.
The conservative tasnimnews.Com says Ahmadinejad received authorisation from the country`s Supreme Cultural Revolution Council to set up his university. The report was posted on the website today.
It said the "Iranians University" will focus on information technology, nanotechnology, aerospace and nuclear science.
Ahmadinejad has fallen out with his one-time conservative allies and has been sidelined since Rouhani`s June 14 election.
But he still enjoys a significant political base, with loyalists especially concentrated in the poorer parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!