Iran`s Ahmadinejad to set up university: Report
Tehran: An Iranian news website says outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has obtained clearance to establish a technology university in Tehran after he leaves office next week.
It`s the first hint of what Ahmadinejad will do after he steps down on August 4, when president-elect Hasan Rouhani is to be sworn in.
The conservative tasnimnews.Com says Ahmadinejad received authorisation from the country`s Supreme Cultural Revolution Council to set up his university. The report was posted on the website today.
It said the "Iranians University" will focus on information technology, nanotechnology, aerospace and nuclear science.
Ahmadinejad has fallen out with his one-time conservative allies and has been sidelined since Rouhani`s June 14 election.
But he still enjoys a significant political base, with loyalists especially concentrated in the poorer parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi