Iran`s Ahmadinejad to set up university: Report
Tehran: An Iranian news website says outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has obtained clearance to establish a technology university in Tehran after he leaves office next week.
It`s the first hint of what Ahmadinejad will do after he steps down on August 4, when president-elect Hasan Rouhani is to be sworn in.
The conservative tasnimnews.Com says Ahmadinejad received authorisation from the country`s Supreme Cultural Revolution Council to set up his university. The report was posted on the website today.
It said the "Iranians University" will focus on information technology, nanotechnology, aerospace and nuclear science.
Ahmadinejad has fallen out with his one-time conservative allies and has been sidelined since Rouhani`s June 14 election.
But he still enjoys a significant political base, with loyalists especially concentrated in the poorer parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead