Iran`s Army to hold military drill in near future: Commander
Tehran: Commander of Iran`s Army Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan announced that the Iranian Army will hold a military exercise in the southwest of the country by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20), Tehran Times daily reported Monday.
Different units of the army, including the infantry, artillery and armored will take part in the drill, said Pourdastan.
The specialized military exercise will aim at enhancing the defensive readiness of Iran`s armed forces against enemy threats, the commander was quoted as saying by Press TV on Monday.
Iran`s armed forces have an active presence in the region and keep all the movements of regional and non-regional forces under surveillance, he added.
Iran``s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps started Saturday a three- day military drill in the east and southeast of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!