Iran`s foreign minister heckled in Dublin; 3 held
Dublin: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki narrowly avoided being pelted with eggs during a Dublin appearance overshadowed by angry clashes with several Iranian dissidents.
Mottaki`s security guards roughed up two protesters who interrupted his appearance yesterday at Dublin`s Institute of International and European Affairs. Both men - who shouted that Mottaki represented terrorism and dictatorship – were kicked and pushed downstairs but not seriously injured.
Outside, several protesters hurled eggs and kicked at Mottaki`s car as he departed. Guards shielded Mottaki with an umbrella. Irish police arrested three protesters.
Mottaki has denounced UNSC vote to impose new sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?