Iran`s foreign minister heckled in Dublin; 3 held
Dublin: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki narrowly avoided being pelted with eggs during a Dublin appearance overshadowed by angry clashes with several Iranian dissidents.
Mottaki`s security guards roughed up two protesters who interrupted his appearance yesterday at Dublin`s Institute of International and European Affairs. Both men - who shouted that Mottaki represented terrorism and dictatorship – were kicked and pushed downstairs but not seriously injured.
Outside, several protesters hurled eggs and kicked at Mottaki`s car as he departed. Guards shielded Mottaki with an umbrella. Irish police arrested three protesters.
Mottaki has denounced UNSC vote to impose new sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!