Iran`s foreign minister heckled in Dublin; 3 held
Dublin: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki narrowly avoided being pelted with eggs during a Dublin appearance overshadowed by angry clashes with several Iranian dissidents.
Mottaki`s security guards roughed up two protesters who interrupted his appearance yesterday at Dublin`s Institute of International and European Affairs. Both men - who shouted that Mottaki represented terrorism and dictatorship – were kicked and pushed downstairs but not seriously injured.
Outside, several protesters hurled eggs and kicked at Mottaki`s car as he departed. Guards shielded Mottaki with an umbrella. Irish police arrested three protesters.
Mottaki has denounced UNSC vote to impose new sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed