Iran’s Foreign Ministry to take charge of nuclear talks
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Tehran: Iran’s president Hassan Rouhani has on Thursday conceded to deploy its foreign ministry in nuclear talks with the six world powers.
The talks till now were conducted by Supreme National Security Council.
The move will provide Iran a way for direct negotiations on the talks with the world powers which include five permanent UN Security Council members and Germany.
Suspicion has been growing in western countries that Iran is developing its nuclear weapons. However, Iran has been denying any such claims and has repeatedly said that the nuclear energy is being used for other useful purposes for the mankind.
The delegation of Iran has been led by Saeed Jalil, since 2007, who is said to be loyal to Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khamenei.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif is likely to over the charge of nuclear talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah