Iran`s Guard begins new land military exercises
Tehran: Iran`s Revolutionary Guard says it has begun a two-day land military exercise to upgrade its capabilities to defend the country against possible external threats.
Commander of the Guard`s ground forces Mohammad Pakpour said on comments posted on the force`s website sepahnews.com that the manoeuvres dubbed Valfajr, or Dawn, began on Sunday outside the city of Yazd in central Iran.
The Guard is Iran`s most powerful military unit.
The exercises are the latest in a series of manoeuvres held amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s nuclear program.
The US and Israel have not ruled out military strikes against Iran`s program, which they say aims at developing weapons technology. Iran says the program is for peaceful purposes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living