Iran`s Guard gets first squadrons of flying boats
Tehran: Iran`s state TV says the
country`s powerful Revolutionary Guard has received its first
three squadrons of radar-evading flying boats.
The development comes after Iran in 2009 said it had
successfully tested the domestically made craft. A flying boat
is a fixed-winged seaplane with a hull that allows it to land
It`s part of Tehran`s efforts to boost its arsenal and
military capabilities despite international sanctions over the
country`s controversial nuclear programme.
Iran`s military achievements cannot be independently
verified. The state TV broadcast footage of the craft in
operation in the air and sea.
Today`s report says the plane dubbed Bavar-2 or
Confidence-2 can be used for surveillance. It can also carry
guns and transmit data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’