Iran`s military exercise successful: Official
Tehran: Iran on Thursday successfully conducted the first phase of its military exercise in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, an official said.
"The objective of the first stage of the military exercise was to destroy targets of the hypothetical enemy on the ground," Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) spokesman Brigadier General Ali-Reza Tangsiri told reporters.
The exercise dubbed `Holy Prophet 5` coincides with the 31st anniversary of the establishment of the IRGC, the state-run IRNA news agency reported.
The war game is to demonstrate the country`s defence capabilities and determination to maintain security in the region. The IRGC`s naval, air and ground forces are taking part in the exercise.
Tangsiri announced that a new vessel designed and constructed by Iranian engineers was tested on Thursday. The Iranian Navy also test-fired a range of homemade missiles during the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users