Iran`s military exercise successful: Official
Tehran: Iran on Thursday successfully conducted the first phase of its military exercise in the Persian Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz, an official said.
"The objective of the first stage of the military exercise was to destroy targets of the hypothetical enemy on the ground," Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) spokesman Brigadier General Ali-Reza Tangsiri told reporters.
The exercise dubbed `Holy Prophet 5` coincides with the 31st anniversary of the establishment of the IRGC, the state-run IRNA news agency reported.
The war game is to demonstrate the country`s defence capabilities and determination to maintain security in the region. The IRGC`s naval, air and ground forces are taking part in the exercise.
Tangsiri announced that a new vessel designed and constructed by Iranian engineers was tested on Thursday. The Iranian Navy also test-fired a range of homemade missiles during the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati