Iran`s new uranium enrichment plant to be operational soon: Report
Tehran: Iran`s new nuclear fuel enrichment plant will be operational soon, head of the office of Iran`s supreme leader Mohammad Mohammadi-Golpayegani said Saturday, according to a media report.
"This new plant, god willing, will be operational soon," Mohammadi-Golpayegani was quoted as saying.
Head of Iran`s Atomic Energy Organisation Ali Akbar Salehi on Friday confirmed that Iran is building a new nuclear fuel enrichment plant, a Fars news agency report said.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran has achieved a successful new step on the way of preserving and enjoying its undeniable right for peaceful use of nuclear energy," Salehi was quoted as saying, "and Iran has started building a semi-industrial plant for enriching nuclear fuel".
The US and other Western countries claim that Iran intends to secretly develop nuclear weapons. The UN Security Council also requires Iran to suspend its uranium enrichment activity.
Iran, however, insists that its nuclear plan is only for peaceful purposes and vows to continue its uranium enrichment activity despite sanctions from west.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui