Iran`s nuke programme will continue: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran will continue to produce 20-percent enriched uranium, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday.
He also said that Iran will stop producing it if other countries supply the material, Xinhua reported. He said the fuel is needed at a medicine plant.
"So far there has been nobody to provide the fuel," Ahmadinejad told reporters.
Meanwhile, an Iranian lawmaker said Tuesday that Iran would produce 60 percent enriched uranium if negotiations with major world powers prove ineffective.
The US and its Western nations suspect Iran is trying to make atomic weapons in the garb of a civilian nuclear programme. Tehran says it is only for peaceful purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof