Iran`s nuke programme will continue: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran will continue to produce 20-percent enriched uranium, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday.
He also said that Iran will stop producing it if other countries supply the material, Xinhua reported. He said the fuel is needed at a medicine plant.
"So far there has been nobody to provide the fuel," Ahmadinejad told reporters.
Meanwhile, an Iranian lawmaker said Tuesday that Iran would produce 60 percent enriched uranium if negotiations with major world powers prove ineffective.
The US and its Western nations suspect Iran is trying to make atomic weapons in the garb of a civilian nuclear programme. Tehran says it is only for peaceful purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best