Iran`s Parliament approves $462 bn budget
Tehran: Iran`s Parliament has approved USD 462 billion budget bill for the current Iranian year, which ends March 2013.
It`s about nine percent less than the budget approved in the previous calendar year. This is a result of the new official exchange rate of the US dollar, which has increased to 12,260 rials to the dollar.
The previous budget was based on the rate of 10,500 rials per dollar. The Iranian currency has lost much of its value because of Western sanctions over Iran`s nuclear programme.
The country has also increased the price of exporting oil to USD 85 from USD 81.5 per barrel. More than 80 percent of Iran`s foreign revenue comes from crude exports.
After Thursday`s approval in Parliament, the budget must still be approved by a constitutional watchdog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders