Iran`s Parliament to sue US over 1953 coup
Tehran: Iranian parliamentarians on Tuesday approved a bill that seeks to sue the US for its involvement in the 1953 coup that overthrew the democratically-elected prime minister Mohamed Mosaddeq, media reported.
During an open session of the Iranian Majlis (Parliament) on Tuesday, the parliamentarians voted in favour of the urgent need to take a legal action against the US, Xinhua reported citing a Press TV report.
In case of a final approval, an ad hoc committee will be set up to debate ways of filing a formal complaint against the US government in the international courts for its interference in Iran`s internal affairs and causing damages, the report added.
Earlier this month, the US declassified documents revealing the details of the CIA involvement in the coup against the democratically-elected prime minister of Iran 60 years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know