Iran`s President attacks rivals in Parliament
Tehran: Iran`s hardline President has sharply criticised his rivals in Parliament for seeking to curb his powers to appoint the central bank governor.
New legislation approved in November by the conservative-dominated Parliament requires approval of the legislature for appointing the central bank governor. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called it heresy and said it violated the Constitution.
The legislation has been blocked by a powerful constitutional watchdog called the Guardian Council, which needed to approve it to become law.
Ahmad Tavakoli, a conservative lawmaker, says Ahmadinejad`s comments were an attempt to overshadow his mismanagement of the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?