Iran`s President attacks rivals in Parliament
Tehran: Iran`s hardline President has sharply criticised his rivals in Parliament for seeking to curb his powers to appoint the central bank governor.
New legislation approved in November by the conservative-dominated Parliament requires approval of the legislature for appointing the central bank governor. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called it heresy and said it violated the Constitution.
The legislation has been blocked by a powerful constitutional watchdog called the Guardian Council, which needed to approve it to become law.
Ahmad Tavakoli, a conservative lawmaker, says Ahmadinejad`s comments were an attempt to overshadow his mismanagement of the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!