Iran`s President barred from visiting prison
Tehran: Iran`s state prosecutor says he has denied permission to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit an imprisoned advisor, a further sign of the Iranian president`s rapidly waning influence.
Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehi is quoted by the press as saying that Ahmadinejad`s request to visit Evin prison is suspected to be politically motivated.
Ahmadinejad demanded to visit Evin after his top press advisor Ali Akbar Javanfekr was jailed last month after being convicted of publishing material deemed insulting to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Ahmadinejad once had the backing of Iran`s clerical establishment but lost it when he was perceived to challenge Khamenei last year.
Ejehi said the president would do better to work on Iran`s deepening economic problems that to visit Evin.
His remarks were published in several Iranian newspapers Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons