Iran`s President barred from visiting prison
Tehran: Iran`s state prosecutor says he has denied permission to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit an imprisoned advisor, a further sign of the Iranian president`s rapidly waning influence.
Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehi is quoted by the press as saying that Ahmadinejad`s request to visit Evin prison is suspected to be politically motivated.
Ahmadinejad demanded to visit Evin after his top press advisor Ali Akbar Javanfekr was jailed last month after being convicted of publishing material deemed insulting to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
Ahmadinejad once had the backing of Iran`s clerical establishment but lost it when he was perceived to challenge Khamenei last year.
Ejehi said the president would do better to work on Iran`s deepening economic problems that to visit Evin.
His remarks were published in several Iranian newspapers Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far