Iran`s president-elect criticizes outgoing leader
Tehran: Iran`s president-elect says the man he will replace has mismanaged the country`s resources, in his first criticism of the outgoing administration since June`s election.
A variety of newspapers including the pro-reform Shargh daily quoted Hasan Rouhani as saying his analysis of the economy is far different from the government`s current assessment. He also said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has left much work to be done.
Despite Ahmadinejad`s claims of creating hundreds of thousands of jobs, he added, only an average 14,000 were created annually over the 2006 to 2012 period.
Rouhani, who assumes office in August, regularly criticized Ahmadinejad during his presidential campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites