Iran`s president-elect criticizes outgoing leader
Tehran: Iran`s president-elect says the man he will replace has mismanaged the country`s resources, in his first criticism of the outgoing administration since June`s election.
A variety of newspapers including the pro-reform Shargh daily quoted Hasan Rouhani as saying his analysis of the economy is far different from the government`s current assessment. He also said President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has left much work to be done.
Despite Ahmadinejad`s claims of creating hundreds of thousands of jobs, he added, only an average 14,000 were created annually over the 2006 to 2012 period.
Rouhani, who assumes office in August, regularly criticized Ahmadinejad during his presidential campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader