Iran`s president-elect vows to ease tensions with world
Tehran: Iranian President-elect Hassan Rouhani said Saturday that his administration would pursue the policy of easing tensions with the world.
Talking during a live programme on the state IRIB TV, Rouhani said his international and domestic policies would be based on a "balanced approach" and prevent any extremism, Xinhua reported.
Rouhani said his "moderate" policies will aim at "constructive interaction with the world". But he also said that in foreign policy, he would neither surrender to pressures nor seek confrontation.
About the line-up of his cabinet, the 64-year-old cleric said he will choose the most qualified people irrespective of their political tendencies.
Stating that Iranians had chosen "a path of change", Rouhani said he is committed to his pledges during the campaign.
Rouhani, who won Iran`s presidential election June 14 with 50.7 percent of the votes, will take office in early August to succeed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has been ruling Iran for eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?