Iran`s president fires 14 advisers: Report
Tehran: An Iranian pro-government website says
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fired 14 advisers as part of
an ongoing shake-up of his administration.
Today`s report from mashreghnews.ir says Ahmadinejad
sacked the advisers a day earlier in an effort to help reduce
the size of the government. The dismissals have not been
confirmed by state media or the president`s office.
Last month, Ahmadinejad abruptly fired his longtime
foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, as well as his vice
president for youth affairs, Mehrdad Bazrpash.
Those dismissals appeared to signal a rift at the top
levels of the Iranian leadership, pitting the president
against rival conservatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump