Iran`s president fires 14 advisers: Report
Tehran: An Iranian pro-government website says
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fired 14 advisers as part of
an ongoing shake-up of his administration.
Today`s report from mashreghnews.ir says Ahmadinejad
sacked the advisers a day earlier in an effort to help reduce
the size of the government. The dismissals have not been
confirmed by state media or the president`s office.
Last month, Ahmadinejad abruptly fired his longtime
foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, as well as his vice
president for youth affairs, Mehrdad Bazrpash.
Those dismissals appeared to signal a rift at the top
levels of the Iranian leadership, pitting the president
against rival conservatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in