Iran`s president fires 14 advisers: Report
Tehran: An Iranian pro-government website says
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has fired 14 advisers as part of
an ongoing shake-up of his administration.
Today`s report from mashreghnews.ir says Ahmadinejad
sacked the advisers a day earlier in an effort to help reduce
the size of the government. The dismissals have not been
confirmed by state media or the president`s office.
Last month, Ahmadinejad abruptly fired his longtime
foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, as well as his vice
president for youth affairs, Mehrdad Bazrpash.
Those dismissals appeared to signal a rift at the top
levels of the Iranian leadership, pitting the president
against rival conservatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead