Iran`s Revolutionary Guard denies drone capture
Tehran: Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guard is denying that it captured a foreign unmanned aircraft during a military exercise in southern Iran.
A spokesman for the Guard, Yasin Hasanali, told The Associated Press that the drone was actually being used during the drill as a supposed enemy aircraft.
Iranian media yesterday quoted a spokesman for the Guard as saying that its electronic warfare unit had taken control of a foreign drone`s navigation system and forced it to land during the site of the military exercise.
Iran has claimed to have captured several US drones, including an advanced RQ-170 Sentinel CIA spy drone in December 2011 and at least three ScanEagle aircraft.
The Guard`s military exercise, code-named Great Prophet-8, ends Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah