Iran`s Revolutionary Guards to hold military manoeuvres
Tehran: Iran`s Revolutionary Guards were scheduled to begin military manoeuvres on Sunday, the news network Khabar reported.
The exercises will last for five days and mainly focus on testing the air force capabilities and protective measures in case of any potential attacks against the country`s nuclear sites, it said.
Military manoeuvres have recently increased following renewed threats by Israel to attack the country`s nuclear installations. The sites are located in the capital Tehran as well as in central and southern Iran.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has often claimed that no country would dare to attack Iran and challenge its military might.
Tehran says its military strength is for deterrence and self-defence, but not aimed at attacking any country.
But the West fears that Iran could attack its arch-enemy Israel, especially because its Shahab-3 missiles, which are said to have a range of 2,000 km, could reach any part of Israeli territory.
Tehran has not ruled out using the missiles against Israel, but said it would do so only in the case of Israeli airstrikes against Iran`s nuclear sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information