Iran`s secret service launches website
Tehran: Iran`s Intelligence Ministry has launched a website for the first time in a move widely interpreted as an attempt to soften its image and coax Iranians into helping provide the country`s spies with information.
The website, vaja.Ir, gives the location of secret service buildings in provincial towns and encourages Iranians to contact the ministry if they have information.
The website, which was launched today also trumpets what it describes as Iranian achievements in its long running intelligence battle with the West, including the capture of a US surveillance drone last year.
Iran says it is locked in an intense intelligence war with the West largely linked to the Islamic Republic`s disputed nuclear programme.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says