Iran’s talk with IAEA ‘constructive’: Iranian envoy
Tehran: Iranian permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Ali Asghar Soltanieh, said the new round of negotiations between the Islamic republic and the IAEA was "constructive”, Press TV reported on Saturday.
The remarks came after senior IAEA officials met an Iranian delegation in Vienna on Friday.
The meeting was aimed at further discussions on a structured approach to resolve the outstanding issues relating to Iran’s nuclear program.
The IAEA team included Deputy Director General for Safeguards Herman Nackaerts and Assistant Director General for Policy Rafael Mariano Grossi.
"We had about eight hours of intensive discussions. The meeting was in a constructive environment... We mostly tried to bridge the gaps because there are some differences in the structure, approach or modality for resolving the issues," Soltanieh told Press TV on Friday.
There is a progress but of course there are still some points that have to be worked out at a later stage, said Soltanieh.
"These are issues regarding allegations (against Iran), which we have in many cases proved that they are baseless and with political motivation," he added.
Soltanieh added that "these allegations will be dealt with in a professional and technical manner."
Iran is "on the right track" and "normal activities of Iran with the agency and (the IAEA`s) normal inspection (of Iran`s nuclear facilities) is continuing without any difficulty," the report quoted him as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam