Iraq: 5 soldiers killed in roadside bomb explosion
Baghdad: An Iraqi official on Saturday claimed that a roadside bomb, targeting a two-vehicle military convoy killed five soldiers north of the capital Baghdad.
A police official in Salahuddin province said that the attack took place today early afternoon near the predominantly Sunni town of Duluiyah, 75 kilometers north of Baghdad.
Four soldiers were wounded in the blast, the official said. Doctors in the town`s hospital confirmed the death toll.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they are not authorized to speak to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq in the past few years, but Sunni insurgents still frequently target the country`s security forces in efforts to undermine the Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra