Iraq: 5 soldiers killed in roadside bomb explosion
Baghdad: An Iraqi official on Saturday claimed that a roadside bomb, targeting a two-vehicle military convoy killed five soldiers north of the capital Baghdad.
A police official in Salahuddin province said that the attack took place today early afternoon near the predominantly Sunni town of Duluiyah, 75 kilometers north of Baghdad.
Four soldiers were wounded in the blast, the official said. Doctors in the town`s hospital confirmed the death toll.
All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they are not authorized to speak to the media.
Violence has ebbed in Iraq in the past few years, but Sunni insurgents still frequently target the country`s security forces in efforts to undermine the Shiite-led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested