Iraq attacks death toll rises to 8
Hilla: Eight people were killed and 57 wounded in two bomb attacks targeting Shi’ite Muslims in Iraq, the health chief in Babil province said on Friday.
"The toll from the two attacks has risen to eight dead, among them two children, and 57 wounded including 11 women," Mahmoud Abdel Rida, Babil`s director of health services, said.
Local police said yesterday that at least five people had been killed.
The first attack came when a bomb exploded at a Shi’ite tomb in Musayyib, 55 kilometres south of Baghdad, police in the provincial capital of Hilla said.
The second, at Mahauil 80 kilometres south of the capital, was a booby-trapped car near another Shi’ite tomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog