Iraq attacks death toll rises to 8
Hilla: Eight people were killed and 57 wounded in two bomb attacks targeting Shi’ite Muslims in Iraq, the health chief in Babil province said on Friday.
"The toll from the two attacks has risen to eight dead, among them two children, and 57 wounded including 11 women," Mahmoud Abdel Rida, Babil`s director of health services, said.
Local police said yesterday that at least five people had been killed.
The first attack came when a bomb exploded at a Shi’ite tomb in Musayyib, 55 kilometres south of Baghdad, police in the provincial capital of Hilla said.
The second, at Mahauil 80 kilometres south of the capital, was a booby-trapped car near another Shi’ite tomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'