Iraq attacks death toll rises to 8

Last Updated: Friday, September 4, 2009 - 15:57

Hilla: Eight people were killed and 57 wounded in two bomb attacks targeting Shi’ite Muslims in Iraq, the health chief in Babil province said on Friday.
"The toll from the two attacks has risen to eight dead, among them two children, and 57 wounded including 11 women," Mahmoud Abdel Rida, Babil`s director of health services, said.

Local police said yesterday that at least five people had been killed.

The first attack came when a bomb exploded at a Shi’ite tomb in Musayyib, 55 kilometres south of Baghdad, police in the provincial capital of Hilla said.

The second, at Mahauil 80 kilometres south of the capital, was a booby-trapped car near another Shi’ite tomb.

Bureau Report



First Published: Friday, September 4, 2009 - 15:57

comments powered by Disqus