Iraq: Baghdad car bombing kills at least 15 people
Baghdad: A car bombing in Baghdad on Tuesday killed at least 15 people and wounded 36, officials said.
Two police officers said an explosives-laden car went off late Tuesday in the crowded commercial area of Karrada.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
Commercial areas are favourite targets to militants seeking to undermine confidence in government efforts to maintain security nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state