Iraq: Baghdad car bombing kills at least 15 people
Baghdad: A car bombing in Baghdad on Tuesday killed at least 15 people and wounded 36, officials said.
Two police officers said an explosives-laden car went off late Tuesday in the crowded commercial area of Karrada.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorised to release information.
Commercial areas are favourite targets to militants seeking to undermine confidence in government efforts to maintain security nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing