Iraq checkpoint suicide bombing kills 34
Hilla: A suicide bomber detonated a minibus rigged with explosives at a crowded checkpoint south of Baghdad on Sunday, killing 34 people, security and medical officials said.
Among the fatalities from the bombing at the northern entrance to the city of Hilla were five policemen, two women and five children, according to a police captain and medical sources.
A further 167 people were wounded, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years